Wednesday, February 10, 2010

First day at Kindy

Yesterday was my 3rd daughter, Imara's 1st day at Kindy. Ofcourse I just had to make her a special kindy outfit and here it is. I've never made a tiered dress before and have to admit it WAS a bit tricky at first but once you get the hang of it, it is quite easy. I followed Sandi Henderson's Gracie pattern for the skirt part of the dress, while the top part of the dress was made using an old dress (I traced an old dress and then used the pattern). Fabric used was some scraps I had lying around, Sandi Henderson stripe and cherry fabric, Tanya Whelan pink polka dot fabric and Alexander Henry apples and pears fabric. I was quite pleased on how it turned out. I also made a tiered skirt from scraps and will do a post on the weekend, after Imara has had a chance to wear it.

2 comments:

  1. you done a great job combining the two dress patterns.. the dress is very pretty.. kind of feel embassed knowing i send my child is 2nds clothing, incase he dresses himself up in paint etc.. very nice.. you are very talented..

    ReplyDelete
  2. We like new brands like 786shop. These brands offer a variety of cloths, T-shirts and more blazers and jackets. In the seasonal season, especially in cities such as Islamabad and Lahore, it’s still difficult to stay in the environment, winter And find them in mixed environments. Compared with oriental clothing, winter provides more entertainment space for your style, which makes fashionistas more interested. There are many choices for the design of comfortable scarves and winter clothes. However, we are most interested in matching sports pants.

    ReplyDelete